It’s that time of the month where I want you to stop for a moment and think about how you are practicing. This seems especially important right now as we are preparing recital pieces!
In January we talked about always having a goal when you practice, and in February we talked about practicing at the speed where you can play with no mistakes. March was all about making sure our hands are in the correct position. How have you been doing?
April’s Practice Tip is CRUCIAL for making progress. If we continue to play straight through a piece, we will actually be solidifying the problem spots rather than fixing them.
This week, take the time to make sure you stop and practice the small spots that are giving you the most trouble. Then when you go to play through the whole piece, you won’t be practicing the wrong notes/rhythms/etc. 😊
Speaking of recitals, I have a few more details to draw your attention to this week –
- This will again be a video recital – similar to what we did last spring, with a few minor changes.
- As most students are coming for lessons in person, you will have the option of having me record you playing on the store’s grand piano.
- Videos must be completed and in my possession by June 3rd.
- Our official “viewing day” will be Sunday, June 6th. The recital link will be shareable as before for you to send to friends and family.
- There will again be family interaction involved… stay tuned for more details on this 😊
I’m looking forward to seeing you all this week.