Happy Mother’s Day!
I hope you’ve all had the opportunity to spend time with and celebrate your mom today 🙂 As for me, I am so grateful for our studio moms! None of this would be possible without you. You guys rock!
Now as promised, here are the details for our upcoming VIRTUAL RECITAL! I am super excited… you all have been working so hard and lots of fun music has been coming through my online lesson speakers 🙂 Now it’s time to share our work!
What you’ll need to do
- Choose a well-prepared piece or two.
- Place your camera at a good angle with proper lighting so that it captures most of you in the frame.
- Before you record your piece, look into the camera and tell us the title and name of the composer.
- Upload your video to your Youtube channel and send me a link or upload it directly to my channel (link and details on this coming next week). Videos must be uploaded by May 30th!
- Invite your family, friends and neighbors to watch the recital AND vote. Our watch day will be Sunday, May 31st!
- If you’d rather not fuss, there’s no need to do much else but record a confident and professional-looking performance of your piece.
- If you’re up for more, consider the following ideas before you shoot the video:
Wear a costume of choice but make sure you can play in it comfortably.
Set the stage for your performance with a lovely setting–plants, curtains, stuffed animal audience, artwork…
Bake special cookies to be eaten while watching the virtual recital and share your recipe!
Audience members including fellow studio families, relatives and friends and neighbors–whoever you choose to invite–will be given an option to choose Best in Show in the following categories.
- Best performance of a piece
- Best fast piece
- Best slow piece
- Best pet bomb in a video
- Best stage production
- Most clever costume
- Most elaborate costume
- Most musical performance
Can’t wait to see your videos!
Hopefully this answers any questions you have. If not, feel free to contact me directly 🙂
Last but not least, Skyline is reopening this TUESDAY, May 12th. Please check out the latest from Dan here.
It’s long, but super important and worth your time! We are continuing online lessons through the end of May. More info coming in the next couple of weeks on how summer lessons will run 🙂
See you in the studio,