Hello Students and Parents,
It’s time to talk about May’s Book of the Month 😊 Around the studio, we want to make sure we are well rounded musicians – which means that besides learning to play all styles of music on the piano, we also learn about music history, other instruments, etc.
This month’s book is perfect for those who are looking at starting band soon or want to have a better general knowledge of music. The Oboe Goes Boom Boom Boom is a fun and lighthearted introduction to the different band instruments – including everything from their names, how they produce sound, and fun facts.
Check out the sneak peek below-
This book is available for purchase at Skyline.
Adults – Two Beats Ahead: What Musical Minds Teach Us About Innovation just came out a month ago. I snatched it up, and it has been a fascinating read! A good read for musicians and non-musicians alike, it gave me a sense of awe in the fact that I get to be a musician, and also challenged me to use the way my musician’s mind works in other spheres of life… let me know if you get a chance to read! It’s definitely worth your time 😊
- If you are taking in person lessons, we will record your videos in studio (the goal will be the week of May 17th, 24th at the latest).
- If you are taking online lessons, your videos are due to me by Thursday, June 3rd at the very latest – even earlier is preferred.
- Each student will receive a “recital in a box” kit ahead of time.
- Our official viewing date will be Sunday, June 6th. This will be most effective if your family sets aside time to gather together and watch the recital from start to finish. Everyone has worked super hard, and there will be active participation opportunities with this recital.
- I encourage you to share the YouTube links with friends, family, social media, etc.
I know many are scheduling trips and picking up activities. I wanted to make you aware of 3 weeks that I will be gone (one in each month June-August) up front – but I will be sure to remind you of these dates as we get closer!
No Lessons June 14th-18th
No lessons July 19th – 23rd
No Lessons August 9th -13th (this week is tentative)
Remember, you are not ever charged when I cancel a week 😊
Looking forward to seeing you all this week… you can catch up with the latest studio news via these newsletters (pianopossibilities.org – for students tab), Facebook – @mckenziespianostudio, and through the store’s Facebook page – @skylinemusic.